Why get your gas appliances serviced? Your gas appliances, including your gas boiler, oven, hob and gas fires should be serviced according to the manufacturer’s guidelines (at least once a year) by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
If you do not have your gas appliances checked and serviced every year you could be putting you or your family or tenants in danger of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
Signs that your appliances need servicing
Look out for warnings signs that show your gas appliances need to be serviced:
- Your gas appliance is not working properly
- Your appliance is burning with a lazy yellow or orange flame instead of a crisp blue flame
- You can see soot or yellow/brown staining around or on gas appliances
- The pilot light keeps going out
- There is increased condensation inside windows